Thursday, November 1, 2007

Holy Cute Kids, Batman!

Halloween was fun this year. We went trick-or-treating at an old folks' home and then visited cousins for a while. Andrew chose the costumes for everyone this year-- he wanted to be Batman, and he wanted his siblings in on it too, so Evie was Batgirl, and Truman was Robin. I made Truman's costume, the kids' capes, Andrew's shirt, and Evie's mask and headband. I spent two days straight hand-sewing muscles into the shirt-- I'm still not sure whether that was the wisest use of my time, but oh well.
Andrew's favorite part was, "That I got so much candy and that I got so much bubble gum."
Evie said her favorite part about Halloween was the candy. We loved her 50s hair.
Truman fell asleep half way through trick-or-treating, but woke up in time to eat some chocolate at Aunt Christy's, which he loved too much.

3 comments:

  1. SOOO cute! You made Truman's costume? Was it like iron-on stuff or something? Did you cut Evie's hair? Well, all of the kids look SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah, I actually just kind of assembled truman's costume. We found a size 2T Robin shirt, so I cut the sleeves off and cut the bottom off and turned the belt part into a belt to tie around him and put a felt collar on and put the whole thing over a baby pea pod costume we found.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think sewing muscles into Andrew's costume was a superb use of your time.

    ReplyDelete