Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tuesday Tell All: Thanksgiving Pie

So, now that I have loaned out my camera for a while, I don't take pictures nearly as much as I should.  That means I have nothing to post.  I decided I should probably post something because people (my family) have been complaining.  I found this website called Tuesday Tell All linked from my friend Amanda's blog, and decided this might be a solution until I have an idea of my own.  It might be boring for you, because now I'm really feeling like an example of the despair.com poster I read recently: "Blogging: Never before have so many... had so much to say... about so little."  But, in the spirit of blogging, I'm going to do it.

This week's topic is, "What is your favorite Thanksgiving pie?"

I don't, as a rule, love pie.  At least that has been my official opinion for a long time. The truth is, I do love pie, if it's the right kind.  I just don't do too well with cooked fruit in general.  Apple pie and cherry, and lots of berry pies, give me heartburn usually.  So although I enjoy a couple bites of those occasionally (like once a year or less) I'm not a big fan of most fruit pies. At least not in very large quantities.  With one exception.  Because of it's sentimental value from childhood Thanksgivings at my grandma's, I really love a good slice of warm blueberry pie a la mode.  Which is funny, because I don't really like blueberries.  Am I sounding picky yet?

My favorite Thanksgiving pie, though, is probably pecan.  It's definitely deceptively named.  It should be named Caramelly Pie With Pecans on Top, because it's the caramel stuff that really makes the pie.  I think this is the most unique and surprisingly delicious of all thanksgiving pies.  Good stuff.  

(I also love lemon, any cream pie that is done well, and pumpkin-- in case you're thinking of making me a pie :) ...and now I'm getting hungry!)

Happy Thanksgiving!  

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you wholeheartedly. Occasionally I'll taste a good fruit pie, but it's not my pie of choice. I too LOVE the caramelly goodness of pecan pie (although I don't like the canker sores that pecans give me). I also love sour cream lemon, banana cream, chocolate cream, pumpkin, and Boston Cream Pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie- Speaking of Thanksgivings at grandma's, I sure do love Sue's lemon merangue (sp?) pies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Sue's lemon meringue is amazing! Sue makes some killer pie.

    I think we have the same taste in pies, Nicole, but I'm not sure I even know exactly what Boston Cream Pie is. Maybe I'll have to look it up...

    ReplyDelete