Sunday, December 12, 2010

Have fun!

December 9th, 6:30 am: I am enjoying my daily scripture study, etc. and promise myself I will have fun with my kids today.

9:00 am: Sam is standing at the back door watching Evie and Truman, who are playing outside already.  I say, "It's freezing out there, but it looks like they're having fun."  I remember the promise I made earlier and Sam and I get dressed and go join them in demolishing a snowman they made last week.

(Yes, Evie is holding a green knife-- my lettuce knife.
She was using it to "chop" down the snowman.
We only ended up staying out there about 15 minutes (which was fine with me, because I HATE the cold!), but it was so fun and made me feel completely accomplished in a way no amount of folded laundry ever could.  I need to seize the moment like this more...

No comments:

Post a Comment