Sunday, August 21, 2011

Big Kids

This week Evie started school, and Sammy has been potty training.  I can't believe how big all my kids are getting! 
Evie on the 1st day of Kindergarten

Truman and Sam doing an "underwear boys" dance
to celebrate wearing the same underwear together.
As a side note, I think it's kind of funny how you can see the mess in our house in most of our pictures these days.  That's not to say we don't try to keep it somewhat clean, but I think at four kids, I have been WAY outnumbered, and it only stays clean for about five minutes at a time.  Guess we need to start trying to schedule picture-taking around that!

Meanwhile, I'm feeling pretty good about myself for not being too self-conscious at this stage of life.  After all, "Trying to clean while children are still growing is like trying to shovel snow while it's still snowing."

1 comment:

  1. Love that quote at the end. I think it will become my new mantra. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete