Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hired!...?

I have been working with several people at the YMCA in Idaho Falls to get on as a personal trainer there.  I guess from the start I was hired, because they copied my Social Security card the second time I showed up.  But since I'm not CPR certified, I can't work until that's done, so I think I'll be starting after the 24th.  

It's just kind of funny because they never officially said, "Yes, we'd like to hire you." They just started talking like, "well since you're working here the daycare is free for your kids..."  I was going in with the attitude that I was going to go through some things with them and if they liked what I knew and stuff they'd hire me, but when they started talking like that, I put the pieces together...

I'm really excited to start.  I get to hang out with all kinds of cool people, do something I love, and learn and improve myself like crazy.  It's pretty fun.

2 comments:

  1. Funny story. Of course, though, once they met you they just couldn't bear the thought of not having you around. You're a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free daycare that's awesome. congrats on getting the job

    ReplyDelete