Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My kids are great!

Andrew is getting super creative lately and drawing all the time and cutting out pictures and trying to make all kinds of things with paper.  He's getting so big!  His favorite things are pictures of monsters and superheroes, paper airplanes, and cardboard swords and daggers.  

Evie loves to dress up.  She spends most of her time in a bathing suit.  Since my parents' house is usually a little warmer than a normal home, I let her.  But she does have to wear clothes to go out in the snow.   Actually both my kids spend most of their time in costume.  I let them dress themselves, and they usually are either clashing or dirty, but I think it's kind of cute anyway.

Truman is still not walking.  He was tested this morning by the state infant/toddler program to see if he's eligible for physical therapy.   He is making progress, though.  He will walk a couple steps now (he's taking his first steps!  Hooray!  He's 17 months old- better make note of that for the baby history).  He's also walking willingly around the house holding only one hand.  And he can scoot down the stairs on his bum (to go up, he sits at the bottom and yells, "I'm done!").  Oooh, and today he started giving me kisses- normal ones, not the open mouthed slobbery baby kind.  We like that kid.  

My favorite thing about my family is how much we all love each other, and love to show it.  This morning, Truman and I peeked in at Evie, who was still sleeping, and he wouldn't let me leave until I let him cuddle with her and give her a kiss.  Then when Evie got up we all went in and woke up Andrew and they all cuddle-wrestled on his bed.  My kids' favorite people are each other, and it's the best thing in the world to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment