Michael is out of town for about six days filming, so we're having an interesting time left to our own devices. We had a sleep over in our office with everyone but Sam the first night and watched High School Musical, which they loved of course. I fell asleep to Andrew saying, "This is the best night of my life," and woke up to him saying every couple hours or so, "I miss Daddy." So I guess it's not an ideal trade-off but we're trying to make the most of it.
Saturday we built a fort, made Rice Crispy Treats and had a "read in" (after swimming lessons and a nap). Then we ate corn dogs for dinner, and I taught the kids the Corn Dog Song.
Today was Sunday, so we went to church, only a tiny bit late, and were later commended by our second counselor, Brother Cannon for our efforts. Now it's nap time, and I know I will probably sleep until the kids wake up if I lay down, so here I am posting first.
Three and a half more days. We will survive! It does make me appreciate Michael though.
Wow, look at you! Your weekend sounds like a party. Your kids sure are lucky. I hope you're doing well.
ReplyDeleteYou are the best mom ever. Want to adopt my kids?
ReplyDeleteHaving your husband gone is THE WORST! Brett just got back from a two week work trip to Alabama. I thought I was going to die, and I only have 2 kids to handle! And props to you for thinking of so many fun things to do with your little ones...I think I need to take mom lessons from you.
ReplyDelete