Thursday, March 20, 2008

Wow, I am getting bad at this...

Okay, so I haven't posted in THREE MONTHS! I hope everyone hasn't completely lost interest by now, but I guess if you have, this will make a good journal...

We have been freaky-busy these past few months, so I'll try and catch everyone up.

Christmas was good, and small, and simple. We probably still spent too much. We went to Boise for New Years and hung out with Matt and Kelly.

Here is a picture of Bird Man Andrew (snow wings and legs) Evie is eating his wing, which was pretty upsetting for him. We had lots of snow this winter-- it kept snowing like a foot, then staying for a while, then melting, then snowing a foot again a day or two later. Winter has been kind of long and anti-social, so we're ready for spring. The past few days I've been jumping on the trampoline with the kids every spare minute. It's pretty fun. I'm excited to start having playgroup again soon hopefully.

Michael started his own business, Borup Creative, doing pretty much the same thing for now, but since he's his own boss there's lots of potential for expansion and change, which is pretty exciting. That has also been an opportunity for me to learn to cook with what we have (I actually didn't shop other than WIC stuff for about a month!). It's exciting to see what I'm capable of. I'm now budgeting out $150/month for food, and $50 for other consumables, like diapers and toilet paper and soap. So far, I have kept in the budget, but it's only the 20th... The key is to avoid the store as much as possible. I actually may need to get some lessons from Rebecca about shopping cheaply-- coupons and stuff. The tricky thing is feeding Truman-- it takes a lot of time to make our own baby food.

I am the enrichment leader in my ward, and this month was the Relief Society Birthday dinner. I decided to do something new, and we had fondue served buffet style (it was out in crock-pots and we'd come and fill a cup and get a plate of food to dip) We had TONS of leftovers, and we ate about half an hour late because I underestimated how long it would take to cut things, but it turned out pretty good. It was exciting. Unfortunately, I used up all my cell phone minutes planning it.

Oh yeah, we got cell phones and got rid of our land line (because Mikey needed a cell phone for work-- he got an iPhone).

I am now studying to become a certified personal fitness trainer. I also want to get specialized in pre- and post- natal fitness, and nutrition. I'm planning to work at Cottonwood Heights Rec center after I finish, and I can just work in the morning and on Saturdays (maybe ten hours a week) and I won't even need a babysitter. It will pay well, too, which means we can pay off our debts! I'll also get to teach a fitness class (the lady I talked to told me I could choose which one I want to teach. I think everything sounds pretty fun except yoga, which I would suck at teaching because I'm so ridiculously not flexible. Then when all my kids are in school I want to start my own fitness center called Hot Momma's.

Truman is sitting up really well. He's also trying to grow his third and fourth teeth. He loves his jumper thing. Now if we had some carpet maybe this kid could learn to crawl a little quicker.

3 comments:

  1. What a cute little baby! I can't believe he's getting so big! Well, I guess you are all coming down this week, so I should see you sometime. You have such cute kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So....Hi. It's really good to hear what you all are up too. What an exciting life. I can't wait to hear more details this weekend. We look forward to seeing you. See ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally! I wondered if you were ever gonna update it! I like the bird man! haha. Oh, and I guess you get to finally meet James this weekend! (Besides on the phone... I mean, who even really really enjoys talking on the phone?!) Anyways, I'm excited to see you guys! love you!

    ReplyDelete