Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Buying a house

I haven't been up blogging  at 5 am since Truman was born, but I was too worked up to sleep.  We are buying a house and hoping to close Friday morning, but no guarantees of course, so it's a bit like Christmas, only you really aren't sure if Santa's going to come.  I'm hoping the typing will be calming enough for me to get another hour of sleep in before morning.

I guess I should tell you about the house: It's in Idaho Falls, in our first real (not numbered streets, off out of the way, not ghetto) neighborhood, between 17th and 25th streets, behind Apple athletic club (and pretty close to Baskin Robbins too!).  We love the location so close to everything, and we've been going to the ward for a few weeks and like them too.  They gave me a visiting teaching assignment already, but couldn't remember my name, so they just wrote "New Sister" on everything.  

Our house is the biggest space we've ever lived in, by far.  I think it's like 2800 square feet, with a one-car garage attached.  It's got three bedrooms and an office, plus a formal dining room which we love, upstairs.  It has a unfinished basement with a LOT of potential, storage space, and a room we can use for a playroom downstairs.  It has new carpet in the entire upstairs, plus some really great hardwood floors I'm excited about.  It also has two fireplaces (okay, they're really more like stoves): one wood burning upstairs and a gas one downstairs.  The yard is tiny compared to our Sandy yard, but it has room for a garden, which is all we're really looking for right now.  I'd post a picture, but since I'm not sure where/if we've saved them, it'll have to wait until we move.

We're excited, after SIX MONTHS! of living in my parents' basement, to get our stuff back, our routines back, and our own space again.  It's going to be so great!  Even Andrew's been counting down-- he misses his own bunk bed and our own family time most.

(I still don't really feel sleepy, but I need to try to get some rest or tomorrow may very well turn out to be either Movie Day all day, or Mommy's Gone Crazy and is Yelling At the Kids Day.)  

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you. Six months? And we haven't gotten together? It's a shame. I'm moving this week, into my own apartment. I should be around Idaho Falls for the next six months (thats what my lease says). So let's play! After you get all settled in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie!!! I hope everything works out perfectly for you and your cute family. Post pictures of the new house soon.

    ReplyDelete