Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's a ....????!!!


Well, you guessed it (probably a while ago)-- I'm pregnant.  We decided to wait until we found out the baby's sex before we told everyone (including our kids!) but when we went in for the ultrasound, the doctor was really not that enthused I think, and couldn't "get a good shot".  So we are going back in three weeks for another, more informative we hope, ultrasound.

The good news about the ultrasound is that he moved my due date up by two weeks (sweet!) which puts me about 21 weeks along right now and due on June 7th.  

The kids are really excited (oh, yeah, we gave up and told them too).  Truman likes to say "hi baby!" to my belly; Andrew likes to touch my belly and try to feel the baby; and Evie likes to ask things like, "Why is there a baby in your belly?".  Good times.  It's exciting.  

I just hope I can handle four kids... three was really tough to adjust to.  

And just so you all know, my husband Michael drew this cute picture to help announce our pregnancy to his family.  The title is "Sunshine, lollipops, and babies."

7 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys. I remember when we came to your house to eat and I was still pregnant with Vincent and Evie kept asking me to take the baby out because she wanted to see it. HA, You'll have to keep us updated on how the next ultrasound goes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, I'm super excited for you and Mikey. It's official, there is no way that I can catch up to you now:) Your family is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Great picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!I can't imagine having 4 kids either. I've been worried to even go for a second.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie -- you are a fabulous mother. You will have no problem with four beautiful and lucky little children. I can tell you from experience that three is as hard as it gets... so don't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the illustration. Also that you're preg-o. Impressed and a little jealous at your long-term secretyness. I'm no good at keeping pregnancy secret.

    ReplyDelete