Once a week (on Tuesdays, to be exact), Michael is gone ALL day- from about 7am to around 10pm or later. I encourage this because he deserves it. But meanwhile, I spend the day realizing just how much easier it is when he's around for at least a few hours. He helps me get the kids fed, dressed and ready to go in the mornings, as well as standing guard so the kids don't burn down the house or smother Sam with well-intended but very aggressive hugs and kisses while I take a shower. He runs errands for me and/or helps me make dinner at the end of the day. And for some reason the kids will stay at the table instead of trying to get up and run all over the house during dinner time when Daddy is there. Michael helps me put the kids to bed every night and covers for me when I have to drop everything and go feed Sam. Things just run much more smoothly when he's around. Tuesdays are the days I realize that. So thanks for all you do on all the other days, Mikey. I don't know what I'd do without you.
By the way, I'm definitely not complaining about him being gone on Tuesdays. I want him to take his guy-night. Someday I'm going to want something big... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment