Well, now that I have a chance, I'm going to write about one thing I really appreciate about Michael, especially right after having a baby: he gives really great hugs. Now that my belly isn't in the way I'm remembering how much I love to hug my sweet husband. He hugs like he means it-- tight and long and still (I think he has broken the habit of playing a drum beat on my back when we hug somewhere along the line). It's great. And I'm not the only one who appreciates his hugs. I remember watching him hug his mom the first time I met his family and thinking, "I could marry that guy-- he loves his mom." He also hugs our kids good and tight-- and often, which I think is important-- they know their daddy loves them, and I'm grateful for a husband who can show affection this way.
No comments:
Post a Comment