Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Samuel Neil Borup


Samuel Neil Borup was born on June 1st 2009 at 11:29 pm. He weighed 8 lbs. 1 oz. (by far our biggest baby-- check out his fat little face!), and was 21 1/4 inches long.

Everything went really well. I went to the doctor Monday morning and he stripped my membranes and scheduled an induction for 7:30 am on Tuesday, so of course I knew I'd be going into labor before then, or where would the fun be? I started having pretty frequent, hard contractions around 6:00 when we had to go pick up Mikey from work, but nothing really regular, so we went ahead and cooked dinner and ate, then I did the dishes while we waited for DaNae to come watch our kids (by then the contractions were like four minutes apart). We got into the hospital at around 8:00, and for the first time we were admitted on the first trip to the hospital! Hooray for us finally learning! It was a very easy, uneventful, epidural-numbed labor and delivery, just the way I like it.

We are very excited to have Samuel in our family. All the kids are thrilled with their new baby brother, including Truman who came in to see him at the hospital and exclaimed, "Hi, cute baby!" Now it's just a matter of me managing all four kids at once-- I don't see us going on a lot of mom-and-kids outings in the near future, but I think we'll be alright.

8 comments:

  1. Jamie, Jamie's hubby, and family,
    He's so handsome! I love his little chub-chub cheeks! Glad the delivery went well, and that he is here and healthy! CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, he is so cute and I can get over all that hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie and Mikey, Samuel is perfect. I'm super excited for you both. I need to plan a trip up to Idaho to see your cute family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new baby. I love all his hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is ADORABLE. Your whole freakin' family is adorable. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a little sweetie pie! I am loving his chubby cheeks and all that crazy hair! I'm so glad your labor went well...what a blessing! Hope everything is going great, I'll be thinking about ya!
    PS-Too bad you guys didn't stay in Utah, I could have brought you dinner or something. HA HA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you two...he's just beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete