Wednesday, August 15, 2007
How my kids are coping...
Since Truman was born, I have had a LOT less time for Andrew and Evie, and it shows in various ways. I'm never sure whether to rejoice at their new-found independence and friendship or just feel guilty for not being around for them and playing with them more. I'm not sure whether I feel more sad when they cry that they miss me and need me, or when they go off on their own and learn to do without me.
Andrew and Evie are becoming best friends in my absence because they have to entertain themselves, so they also entertain each other.
Here, Evie fell asleep at the table after eating a bowl of yogurt. I didn't even realize she was done until she was fast asleep.
They are also spending more time with their crazy Aunt Crissa. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when she goes back to school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think it is good for the kids to learn a little independance, though it's probably hard to see them grow up any faster than they already are...
ReplyDeleteOh James, I can relate. On the one hand, it's so exhausting to be needed all the time; on the other hand, it's so sad to not be needed all the time. It's the cruel game life plays on mommies: we want them to grow up and learn how to take care of themselves and then when they do it, we're sad.
ReplyDeleteOn a happy note, I think it's lovely that those two are such good friends. That speaks well of your mothering skills.