Friday, August 17, 2007
Another iPod dilemma
So last night Michael told me they're going to let me start doing some work for Realty Executives at home for about $300/month. I'll need windows for it, though, so now we're thinking of getting a new iMac and selling this one. Then we could get Crissa to buy it with her student discount and end up spending about $900. With this I'd also get a free iPod-- whichever one I want (actually it's a $200 rebate). So now I'm wondering, should we do that right away, or wait until I've made some money-- meaning, again, that I'll be waiting for my iPod. Or should I just buy the iPod now and deal with the computer thing later?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYou could do the keybank thing, sell the nano, and then you'd end up with more than enough to buy an 80GB iPod video off of apple refurb.
ReplyDeleteHey Holly! Just wanted to say hi, haven't talked to you in a while. Umm... I think we decided to hold off on selling the iMac for a bit because we honestly don't have the money for a new one, despite the good deal. But if we do, we were going to sell it for like $250, and I'm not sure the exact specs, but we bought it in 2003 and I think it was the top of the line then. But I'll email you or something if we do decide to do that.
ReplyDeleteFor those who care, my decision is to just buy myself an iPod Nano after the new ones come out (september 6th, I think), and hold off on the computer for a while, because it turns out the work I'm doing goes much faster when we have Mikey's computer home AND mine anyway (part of why we wanted a new one was so he didn't have to bring his computer home every night). I decided not to get the free one because I'm wary of deals like that, and, Aaron, too lazy to sell the nano once I got it.
ReplyDeleteYeah, good point... I'm definitely going to buy a video nano, or get it for christmas.
ReplyDelete