Sunday, May 18, 2008
Dandelion Boquets
One of my favorite flowers (if you can call it that) is a dandelion. To me it represents innocence and childish wonder. An adult looks at a dandelion and sees a weed, but when a child looks at a dandelion they see a beautiful yellow flower in the grass. It's particularly exciting because they're everywhere! "Look at all the pretty yellow flowers!" kids say, as they're running around barefoot in the lawn. And then they will pick a large bouquet of them for their mom.
I remember doing this, and now my kids are doing it for me. I love my "flowers," and I love my kids even more, so this year a got out my best (my only really) vase, and put the flowers proudly on our dining room table. The kids found other flowers I in our yard and we had fresh flowers on our table for weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love it! I have fond memories of picking Dandelions. I'm sure that mom was probably allergic to them.
ReplyDelete