We have had a bout of sickness around our house the past couple of weeks that seemed to last forever. Michael was sick with fevers and sore throat and just generally feeling lousy for a good week or so, and then Andrew caught what we later found out was pneumonia. Needless to say we really haven't left the house much, and I haven't had time in all my cuddling and waiting on Andrew to even give Evie and Truman all the time they need. Here is a picture of Truman helping himself while I was attending to some sickness-related matter.

We are finally mostly over all that, and even managed to have our whole family at sacrament meeting today. My friend Emily saw us there and asked, "Are you out of the abyss now?" I thought "The Abyss" was a good description of where we've been-- stuck at home taking long naps and watching movies of Andrew's choice, attempting to keep the house from falling apart, while all I really want is to run free outside again.
On Friday, Andrew was starting to feel better, so we made play-dough and took silly pictures in the morning. (And, yes, I know I look totally gross in that picture, but I guess I was trying to have fun with my kids and make them laugh.)


In the afternoon I tried to get them to jump on the trampoline but Andrew cried and freaked out in every way possible until we went inside and made dinner. So I guess it'll be a slow trip toward normal again, but we're working on it.
Oh, poor honey! Sick kids are the worst! You're such a fun mommy, though.
ReplyDeleteAlso, Truman is adorable.
ReplyDeleteIsn't "The Abyss" an old movie?
ReplyDeleteI think you look hot in that picture. Who isn't turned on by a pig nose? Not me, I assure you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a mother wouldn't do to entertain her kids, right? Sounds pretty rough. Hope you all feel better.
ReplyDelete