It was brought to my attention that I'm really not in great shape. I am okay, and pretty good for having an 11 month old and not a lot of time to work out, but I don't feel like I'm in trainer shape. I am still working on lots of things-- particularly flexibility-- and this knowledge of my not-so-great shape has kind of lowered my confidence a bit. Maybe it will help me relate a little better to my clients...
I'm worried about my lack of experience-- I've never even worked with a trainer. But I am going to be shadowing a trainer next week, so I'm hoping this will help. Besides, the only way to get experience, really, is to start, right?
I planned to work at a rec center here, which I was super excited about--It seems to be the only place with lots of support, no minimum number of hours or set schedule, and a decent split (trainers pay the gym a percentage of their profit)-- but they have yet to return my phone calls. This has been really discouraging, so I've been re-evaluating things. I think I am going to get my specialization in pre-and postnatal fitness soon and possibly start working in people's homes.
Knowing all this, I urge you all to give me a shove-- I need to be told to "get up to bat and swing." I'll appreciate your bossiness, or whatever you've got.
Jamie,
ReplyDeleteI don't think baseball or softball is the right option for you, so I will tell you to get your three-baby stroller and go for a good run, then practice stretching as far as you can. I know gymnastics is a really good way to get into shape, including and probably especially flixibility shape. Either way, you have a lot of excercising experience and you have had three kids, so don't feel like you don't know anything, you will be great at whatever you want to do. I love you.
Love,
Jordi
James, think of what your life would be like if you had waited until you felt like you were perfectly ready to try something new or difficult. You wouldn't be walking or talking, let alone married with three children. Life is about getting out there and doing stuff, making mistakes, looking foolish, and trying again. Follow your dreams!
ReplyDeleteYou'll be great, Jamie Lou. I have no doubt. Sometimes (well, actually pretty much all the time) you have to approach the awkward to become great. And, as I said, I know you'll be great. ;)
ReplyDeleteHey, that pic is of Aunt Lynette and one of grandma and grandpas friends or relatives or something....but the picture a little further down is of your little guys hands filling up a cup of water!
ReplyDelete