Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My date with a five year old


So, Andrew turned five last week.  Holy crap.  The kid is awesome.  Since he's starting kindergarten this fall, I'm really feeling like these are my last months with him, which makes me appreciate him more, and also just get kind of sad.  I'm going to miss him a lot.  I really need to do better at finding quality things to do with our time together.

Anyway, for his birthday we just did the usual cake and presents after dinner.  He chose to have Tilapia for dinner, which was interesting to make for 11 people, but so good. 
 What a crazy five year old to ask for fish for his birthday.  
My favorite part of Andrew's birthday was the saturday after when I took him on a breakfast date.  We went to IHOP and had this pleasant date-like meal, complete with bendy straws in his chocolate milk.  He didn't really eat his pancake, despite the strawberries and whipped cream on top, but we had a good time, and my food was delicious.  Then we went to Toys R Us, where he used his birthday money from his great grandmas, plus some money I pitched in, to buy a new Transformer plane.  It's pretty cool.  It has already replaced his batman wings we got him as his favorite toy, I think.  The best was when Andrew and I were eating, and he looked up at me and said, "Thanks for taking me on this date, mom."  Then that night he told me, "Today was the greatest day."  It made me happy.  I love my awesome boy.  (Nice pic of us, too, huh?)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you left a comment on my blog! I did not know that you had a blog! I am so excited I get to check up on you now! -Elsh

    ReplyDelete