Sunday, October 31, 2010

Umm...

As I was writing last week's post, Sam was getting into the sugar!  He just kept digging his little hands in there and eating it.  He ended up with a kind of sparkly white 5 o'clock shadow.
Aw, but look how happy he is!
Then to follow up on that thought: On Friday Andrew didn't have school and it was a pretty nice day (60's I think) and the kids asked to play outside in the water.  I thought, since they tend to ask on chilly days to play in the water (the days that are nice, but not getting-wet nice), I'd just let them finally learn their own lesson, so I said, "Sure, go play in the water.  I think it's kind of cold for that, but you see how that works for you."

Well... it backfired.  They loved it!  And I thought they were just playing with the hose, but when I went out to check on them they had filled up our empty street trash can and were climbing into it!  I was like, "Oh no, we're so white trash!  That's really gross! But by then it was too late- they'd all been in there and the trash can was pretty well washed out, so I just let them keep doing it!  It's just so much easier not to fight the battles I've kind of already lost, so I just go with it.  But I'm sure the neighbors think I'm crazy!

Too bad I didn't take a picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment